Wiki

Home Forums Tech support Wiki

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Deborah Fuller
      Participant

Hi

I am not able to get into the Wiki. What do we need to put for username and password?

Thanks

Debbie

Katherine Lee
      Participant

I’ve been having the same problem Debbie ๐Ÿ™‚

Christopher Brander
      Participant

I think you can just make up a user name and password. There was an option about creating a new user or account. I just used the same username as for this website.

Deborah Fuller
        Participant

Just tried again and got straight in without using username or password, not sure what happened before

Peldon P
        Participant

oh so we are supposed to create a new user? Gotcha ๐Ÿ™‚

Christopher Brander
      Participant

Hmm. I got in fine the first time but now I’m not able to sign in…

Kate Davis
      Keymaster

Hi guys

Sorry I missed this – I just found all the email alerts in my spam folder. Gah!

Are you able to access the wiki now, or is it still a problem?

K

Deborah Fuller
      Participant

Thanks Kate. I have managed to get in now and it didn’t ask for a username or password
      Debbie

Peldon P
      Participant

I can’t get into the wiki with the same user and pwd for the site. I also tried using QUT email address. Are we supposed to create a new user for the wiki again? Thanks

Kate Davis
        Keymaster

Hi Peldon

It’s an external site with a separate login, so yep, you need to create an account.

K

Michele Smith
      Participant

Hi Kate,

The wiki is asking for a user name and password. I can’t get in.

Thanks,

Michele

Michele Smith
      Participant

All good now; found the answer on Twitter. ย I needed to create my own account. ย Thanks Stacey Larner. ๐Ÿ™‚

Caitlin .
      Participant

Hi,

It took a few goes to work out how to create an account however once you log in you can then link straight in from the unit site. As the wiki is clearly public any tips on managing privacy would be appreciated.

Also I was wondering if we use pseudonyms for twitter etc do we then need to identify ourselves to the teaching staff?

Thanks

Kate Davis
        Keymaster

Hi Caitlin

If you use the same profile pic across your accounts, we’ll know it’s you.

With regard to managing privacy on the wiki: I’m not really sure why this would be an issue, or rather, why it would be different from any other space. If you’re really concerned, you can use a pseudonym there too. It’s pretty innocuous content though – just some definitions – so I wouldn’t be too concerned.

If you have privacy concerns, feel free to contact me by email and we can discuss.

K

Caitlin .
      Participant

Thank you,

I have used the same pic throughout ๐Ÿ™‚

Is it possible to change the username for this site? It seems to be the only section greyed out in personal details.

Caitlin

Kate Davis
        Keymaster

Hi Toni and Caitlin

Unfortunately, your username is the only detail you *can’t* change. If you’re really keen to change it, I can delete your account, but it will take some juggling to make sure you don’t lose any content you’ve created and I can’t guarantee you won’t lost some along the way.

Let me know what you think

K

Toni Havelberg
      Participant

I’m wondering that too Caitlin R! I’m a bit behind and in my early morning daze when I signed up this morning I just used my student number, now it’s my username, so I’d like to change it!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Wiki’ is closed to new replies.