Reply To: Product review: OPL Teen Picks Pinterest board

Home Forums Student forums Katherine Product review: OPL Teen Picks Pinterest board Reply To: Product review: OPL Teen Picks Pinterest board

Kate McKelliget
Participant

Hi Katherine. Thanks for choosing to write your review on this RA! I’d never heard of it being done is such a way and it was really enjoyable to read your post. The conclusions you make were really quite great and I agree completely with Will and thought he couldn’t have worded my thoughts better! For IFN616, I am discussing the use of such interactive tools in local history library websites. Upon looking through many though, I too realised that they very rarely get used by the users. Upon writing my recommendations for IFN616, I actually statesd that a significant amount of effort should be put into marketing. Like your post points out, these sorts of products and services meet the needs of the users exceptionally well, yet they won’t know to use it if they don’t know it exists! Strangely enough, none of the literature I’ve been reading about implementing such ideas on their website discuss the idea of marketing.