Reply To: Week Nine Activity: Making and Makerspaces – *Service Review*

Home Forums Student forums Will Week Nine Activity: Making and Makerspaces – *Service Review* Reply To: Week Nine Activity: Making and Makerspaces – *Service Review*

What an amazing experience!

And what a great argument to support the inclusion of makerspaces in libraries. Nothing succeeds like success, as the old adage goes. I couldn’t help but compare your experience with Peldon’s very different one at Mt Gravatt library, where for 2 hours not a single library staff member approached her and only one other person was (briefly) involoved in the program. It seems to me that extraordinary commitment and imagination have gone into designing, planning and implementing activities at the Edge and that this degree of effort is paying dividends. This is a great lesson as we try to design and plan our own programs!

Thanks for sharing this Will, I have a young son who would love to visit The Edge. Although I have to say I might have to draw the line at him growing furniture from funghi in the kitchen – a bit smelly perhaps??? But maybe worth it, I could do with some new lounge chairs 😉