Reply To: Week Seven Activity: Information and Digital Literacy – *Twitter Chat Champion*

Home Forums Student forums Will Week Seven Activity: Information and Digital Literacy – *Twitter Chat Champion* Reply To: Week Seven Activity: Information and Digital Literacy – *Twitter Chat Champion*

Hi Will, that’s a great summary of the Twitter chat.

I really enjoy reading the Twitter chat champion summaries because they help to clarify in my mind the different strands of the arguments – the chats themselves are so frantically fast it’s not always easy to grasp and consider all the interesting things people have to say. In answer to your questions, I thought, when I was doing the readings, that the different definitions of literacy were rather artificial and tended to obscure rather than reveal meaning. But having had time to think about this a little more I’m coming around to a more tolerant view. I like too Leena’s remark that labels can be helpful in getting an initial understanding of what something is about but then deeper understanding results from learning and the label becomes less important. It’s more of a signpost than a destination.

I loved this topic and feel very excited about exploring it further. Enjoyed chatting with you also! Maybe I’m starting to get the hang of Twitter a little bit – never thought I’d say that ……