Who am I?

Home Forums Introductions Who am I?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Sarah Ross
      Participant

What an interesting question.  I am a mature student reinventing my career.  I love reading and all sorts of books.  I was born in the UK but moved to Australia with my husband.  My professional background is cooking, horseracing admin, law and environmental management.  My personal interests are reading, cooking, cat, family (extended), and bad attempts at knitting, tapestry, drawing/painting – crochet is my next challenge!

Not really into superheroes/superpowers but really wish I was more up to date with technology!

Am doing first two units this semester as wanted to start at the beginning of this year but the usual personal circumstances intervened.  IFN614/617 are challenging enough for me ATM.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Sarah Ross.
      Lisa Schofeld
      Participant

I’m a knitter/crocheter and love making crochet lace shawls. Give crochet a go, I’m sure you’ll love it. I’m on instagram if you’re on there too, @Lisa_loves_yarn. Lots of crafty inspiration on Instagram 🙂

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Lisa Schofeld.
        Sarah Ross
        Participant

Thanks Lisa – will look at instagram and will let you know when I start!

Paola Beretta
      Participant

Hi Sarah,

Great to meet you and looking forward to working with you. I’m also re-inventing my career… I think you will find there are a few of us in the same boat. Lovely to hear you are into crafts and making too!

Sarah Ross
        Participant

Thanks Paola – those lovely sentiments are returned by me to you.  I am still feeling somewhat overwhelmed so it’s great to have fellow travellers!

Michele Smith
      Participant

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the course! As Paola said, there are a few of us here “reinventing our careers”; including me.

I do a bit of crochet every now and then; usually when it’s cold, so my projects can go over several years because I put it down again when the weather warms up. I will put in a plug for using YouTube to learn. There are heaps of instructional videos on there for beginner crochet-ers, which I have found very useful!

Sarah Ross
        Participant

Thanks Michele – I will check it out and let you know when first piece is created.  Knowing me it will look a bit lumpy and rather misshapen!

Kym Ferris
      Participant

Hi Sarah,  I can add my name to that list of more mature students reinventing their careers. I’m finding the technology element a bit daunting too.

I also like doing crafty things. I won’t attempt crochet though until I’ve successfully knitted some basic scarves, shawls and beanies. I’ve got a cross stitch that I pick up every now and then. Have been working on it for about 15 years!

Sarah Ross
        Participant

Thanks Kym – will share any techy tips if I can!

Caitlin .
      Participant

Hello,

Really nice to see all of you who a bit new to this technology! I have studied online before however wikki’s, twitter and forums are all very new to me. i am just doing the one unit as my It assistant starts trial HSC exams tomorrow so there is enough stress in the house already. I am trying to reinvent my Arts degree into something a little more practical and inspiring and get a better job in the process. So i am sure I will be asking many questions on how to navigate the technology in the site.

Caitlin

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Caitlin ..
        Sarah Ross
        Participant

Thanks – good support group beginning possibly?

Stacey Larner

I’m knitting a tentacle scarf for my daughter’s birthday (if I can manage to finish it while studying eep!) Welcome from me and echoing Paola ;).

Sarah Ross
        Participant

Stacey – I have only just seen this – pics please of an awesome sounding task!

Lisa Schofeld
      Participant

I’m knitting a Penguono cardigan by @westknits (on instagram) and I’m about to start crocheting a wedding shawl. I knit/crochet all year round even in a heatwave lol.

Sarah Ross
        Participant

So talented and love the idea of the shawl.  I just have to brave my trip to Spotlight?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.