Hi 2015 IFN614

Home Forums Introductions Hi 2015 IFN614

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Kym Ferris
      Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m in my 2nd semester part time of the Library & Information Studies major. My 1st semester though was semester 1 2014. My studies had to be “paused” for a year. I’m changing careers. My background is in science as I majored in chemistry in my undergraduate degree. I enjoy reading (although not reading much at the moment), music (need to organize a repair & tune for my piano before I play again) and winter walks in the sun. I have several easy knitting projects I’m currently working on as I learn to knit.

I’m not sure what kind of library or information service I’d like to work in when I graduate. My ideal job would have some teaching or instructing or helping people aspect to it balanced with behind the scene work (ie not full on people contact).

“Superpower” or skill I or others would consider I have? Hmm – my sister informed me recently that I used to frustrate her when we were kids and it was my turn to wash up. (NB this was before dishwashers were common) She hated waiting as I was too slow. My response – I bet you didn’t have to get me to rewash anything because it hadn’t been done properly the first time! I tend towards the perfectionist “it’s worth taking the time to do it properly the 1st time” which is not always a positive thing.

What I’d like to develop? Organization and digital skills. I’ve moved twice in the last 15 months and have discovered I’m a bit of a hoarder. I struggle a bit with the digital environment. It can be stressful, messy and strange to learn new ways of doing things you are not used to.

Hi Kym, hope to see you in class tonight. It was nice to meet you last time.

Don’t ever let those pesky non-perfectionists get you down! Getting it right the first time is rarely a bad thing.

See you soon.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.