Help – Topic for Assignment 2/3 Is this completely off base?

Home Forums Assignment 2 Help – Topic for Assignment 2/3 Is this completely off base?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Caitlin .
      Participant

Hi,
      I was wondering if it would be completely outside of the Assignment scope to design a program for Port Hedland Library in WA for the assistance of refugees. This is a purely hypothetical program as the Port Hedland Council has made the town available for the resettlement of potential Syrian refugees.

I was thinking along the lines of the Libraries without borders “Library in a box” and designing an outreach program that could meet refugee women and children within their communities providing access to information and entertainment and also building skills in digital and English literacy. While at the same time allowing a space to share and possibly record their stories.So perhaps an archival role.

For children it could be a kind of story time in a box combined with a science in a box as I believe science and natural history can be a universal language.

Is this completely off base?.

Kate Davis
      Keymaster

Hi Caitlin

This is definitely not on track and you have some really good ideas here. Just be careful you don’t try to do too much. E.g. collecting and archiving the stories is awesome, but will add a whole layer of complexity to the program design.

Your program doesn’t have to be huge – even just one element of what you’ve described is plenty.

K

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Help – Topic for Assignment 2/3 Is this completely off base?’ is closed to new replies.