Hello!

Home Forums Introductions Hello!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Leena Riethmuller
      Participant

Hello, my name is Leena. I am in my second semester of Master of Information Science (Library and Information Practice). I have an undergraduate and honours degree in Fine Art, which I completed in 2012. In addition to full-time study, I make, exhibit and perform art.

I would like to work at a university, most likely in learning support or as a liaison librarian. I am particularly interested in working with a creative or arts faculty, its staff and students. In the long term future I am interested in researching Information Literacy and creative practitioners, how they do research and generate information. I would love to be involved with designing and implementing arts curriculum.

My real life super power is getting really excited about what other people are excited about, from the mundane to the extraordinary. I think this is a really helpful skill because it means I can see the importance and relevance of an issue even if I am not directly implicated. I think that people who know me would agree with this assessment. They would probably also say that I am very realistic and reflective about life.

If I could choose a superpower it would be flying. This is because I often feel constrained by contemporary modes of transportation and their accompanying infrastructure.Β It would also feel really good. πŸ™‚

Rebecca Randall
      Participant

I really relate to the flying super power. Some of my best dreams are when I’m flying around the city. Would you have wings? Or would it be like the superman-style flying?

Saurav Khadka
      Participant

Flying is really super cool hey πŸ™‚ πŸ˜€

Ruth McConchie
      Participant

Yes I totally agree about your superpower! Your enthusiasm always seems to rub off on the people around you too.

Kate Davis
      Keymaster

Getting excited about what other people are excited about is a seriously good superpower for a librarian! It’s a great aptitude because we spend so much time working in partnership with and supporting people with the things that get them excited. This is totally a marketable aptitude and should be your tagline on your CV πŸ˜‰

Leena Riethmuller
      Participant

Thanks Ruth. πŸ™‚

And thank you for the tip-off Kate! I will add it to my CV.

Great superpower Leena! Excited supportive people are my favourite kind – they can make things seem do-able when your own enthusiasm starts to flag a bit. Keep it up πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.