Finding programs to fit the remaining weeks

Home Forums Assignment 1 Finding programs to fit the remaining weeks

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Stacey Larner

I can’t be the only one starting to get a little worried about this. I had to cancel the program I was going to attend this week which was intended to fit into the research support week. I *might* have a back up but it’s in the school hols and I don’t know if I have my big girls or not, and if I do attending that program wouldn’t happen. There are a bunch of kids makerspace activities in the school hols but the makerspace week is next week so they’re all too late for it. I found a great design thinking forum on Sept 30… doesn’t fit in with any remaining topics. Other programs are on during lecture times, or at times I can’t attend. I’m not entirely sure what I should do as I would like to go to something of actual interest, not just go to something to tick a box with time I don’t really have to spare. :-/ I’ve been trying to plan out the rest of semester with the activities I have left to do and I now need to give up and go to bed with nothing resolved.

Kate Davis
      Keymaster

I’m happy to be flexible to accommodate this kind of issue. We can talk about options.

But one thing that springs immediately into mind: didn’t you volunteer at the Ashgrove literature festival? That seems like a good fit for the children’s and teens programming week.

Kate Davis
      Keymaster

PS. I’m always on Twitter, so if you’re planning and you hit a stumbling block like this, tweet me in the moment so you don’t end up frustrated and at a dead end.

Stacey Larner

I’m doing twitter chat champion in the children’s week :-/. Otherwise I could have done storytime too.

Kate Davis
      Keymaster

Would you like to swap Twitter chat weeks?

Stacey Larner

Is that possible? It would definitely help!

Kate Davis
        Keymaster

I’m happy for you to swap weeks. All good. Just let me know what you’d like to swap.

Paola Beretta
      Participant

Hi Kate, following from Stacey’s comments, I have been looking at program options in order to plan for the week 11 activity on research support. However, most workshops at QUT take place on a Tuesday or Wednesdays, at the exact same days and times when I am at work. I was interested in reviewing a service for this activity – I would attend a workshop and then review it as a service for researchers (e.g. Reading strategically). Is there something else I can do? I have been trying to think of other ‘services’ but falling short of ideas… As an alternative, can I review two programs, not necessarily related to research? Happy to hear your suggestions.

Kate Davis
        Keymaster

Hi Paola

I’m just a bit confused what you mean… You’re going to attend a program and then review it as a service?

Have you considered reviewing the research support site? You could review that as a service or product.

K

Paola Beretta
        Participant

Hi Kate,

Yes, that was my idea for week 11: to attend a workshop and review it as a service for researchers. You have answered my question here and in today’s unit post. Thank you.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Paola Beretta.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Finding programs to fit the remaining weeks’ is closed to new replies.