Reply To: Week 9 – Making and Makerspaces – Twitter chat reflection .

Home Forums Student forums Hanan Week 9 – Making and Makerspaces – Twitter chat reflection . Reply To: Week 9 – Making and Makerspaces – Twitter chat reflection .

Kate McKelliget
Participant

Hi Hanan. Thanks for your great post. It is clear that you are very passionate about this topic! I really enjoyed reading your tweets throughout the twitter chat because they were filled with this passion. I imagine you would have enjoyed the TEDĀ talk YouTube videos concerning creativity as I did. It is upsetting that so many people see themselves as ‘not the creative type’ or ‘science and maths orientated’ rather than ‘arts orientated’. Many people fail to see the creativity that is required and used everyday by them, whether in a chemistry lab, an art studio or an office job. In this way, I really agree with the following statement you provided

We often translate creativity as creating or developing things that are formally not in existence, whereas, creativity means growth

This twitter chat really helped me to open my eyes to this fact.

Last year I went to Comic-Con in Brisbane and I attended a seminar where Orlando Bloom was answering the audience’s questions. I can’t even remember what the question was but Orlando discussed that no matter how ordinary one’s life seems, it can be made much more fulfilling by simply leading a creative life (whether you are an actor or work behind a register at the super market). So, there’s me referencing Hollywood starsĀ instead of academic literature but I thought it was fitting and a bit of fun!