Reply To: Week 9 – Argue a point – Should makerspaces be a priority for public libraries?

Home Forums Student forums Sarah Week 9 – Argue a point – Should makerspaces be a priority for public libraries? Reply To: Week 9 – Argue a point – Should makerspaces be a priority for public libraries?

Caitlin .
Participant

Hi Sarah,

I like your interpretations and definitions, in this way the sharing of information and networking is really what libraries have always done. A way of responding to the latest community interests by continuing a commitment to a community space and facilitator of information. I think the idea of maker space could be so broad that almost all libraries could create some kind of space. Whether is 3d printers and robotics or children s craft. Most of my plans for chair upholstering have a someday attached so perhaps an innovative library could implement a program where adults and children could build projects to together. A family built project would be fun, especially for those like me that have little time or skills. I like the idea of family built kites, or quilts, or something that could be treasured.

Caitlin