Reply To: Week 7-Argue a Point of View- The NBN will close the digital divide in Australia

Home Forums Student forums Steve W Week 7-Argue a Point of View- The NBN will close the digital divide in Australia Reply To: Week 7-Argue a Point of View- The NBN will close the digital divide in Australia

Tracey Allen
Participant

Hey Steven,

I too argued this topic, this week. The more I read the more I was annoyed.  I actually tweeted nbn Australia: @NBN_Australia do you have digital literacy programs in place or are you relying on public libraries to “bridge the digital divide”.  I was quite surprised that I received a reply.  However the reply was very generic: @Angelchick83 Hi, The nbn network is designed to provide all Australians with access to fast internet services: nbn.tm/1ihlZ2M.  I’m guessing that the answer was “no”. I wanted to reply back with the link from their website that said that the nbn will provide the “minimum level of internet service“, but I felt sorry for the employee having to spend their day responding to twitter.  Hopefully the government will step up and provide more funding for digital literacy programs now that more of the network is being completed.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Tracey Allen.