Reply To: Week 5 Twitter Champion: Reader Advisory Services

Home Forums Student forums Samantha Week 5 Twitter Champion: Reader Advisory Services Reply To: Week 5 Twitter Champion: Reader Advisory Services

Samantha Maddox
Participant

Hey Caitlin,

Good luck for tonight! Just be prepared with your answers before and have a few responses so you can contribute to the topic in regards to that specific question. Yep, people do respond to your tweets but it moves so quickly and I’m so slow that I felt that by the time I responded, it had disappeared into the netherland of the twitter-sphere never to be seen again… The topic runs quite organically and other topics evolve from the specified topic. I found it a really good learning platform and it is great that you can go back and read it on storify. I had set up tweet deck for the previous chat and was completely overwhelmed with it. I was so worried about typing the hashtag and trying to contribute that I just ended up observing and watching how others participated. The ichat.io was great, it had the hashtag ready to go for every tweet you make and you can set the speed of the flow of the tweets – I only figured this out half way through the chat. You can set it to fast, medium (I used this one) and slow. All the best for tonight – I will be there ☺