Reply To: Service Review: Queensland Art Gallery Gallery of Modern Art Research Library

Home Forums Student forums Ruth Service Review: Queensland Art Gallery Gallery of Modern Art Research Library Reply To: Service Review: Queensland Art Gallery Gallery of Modern Art Research Library

Thanks for your informative and interesting post Ruth. The librarians and library staff doing this course have insights into how reference services work that give a really useful perspective that’s helping me to understand this area, that I’m pretty sure I might have taken for granted in the past. I’m loving the forums for that reason. Like Katherine, I’d like to know more about research libraries having read your post and will follow up. Great to know that QAGOMA provided such a positive experience – as someone interested in aboriginal art and artists, particularly in Queensland, I’ll feel less reticent about approaching the reference librarian now! Your statistics about increasing mobile use are also interesting – on Friday I listened to a lecture about human/computer interaction in IFN616 Online Information Services that predicted the demise of the mobile phone and laptops, as we know them today, in favour of wearable devices like watches and glasses. I just hope reference librarians are still reachable as I wink and blink into my digital specs!