Reply To: Mature Age Student Morning Tea at the Library

Home Forums Week 4 Speed date with design thinking activity Mature Age Student Morning Tea at the Library Reply To: Mature Age Student Morning Tea at the Library

Leena Riethmuller
Participant

Nice work, Katherine! Reading what you wrote made me realise I did not understand the assigned task. I thought we had to go it alone from outside the university!

I really like the idea of welcome programs customised to different demographics of students. I think students would be more likely to attend events if they know the experience is customised to their needs. It also develops a relationship between the student and the library right from the start.

In the case of the library described by Belinda, I think there would be a lot of aspects of the library that need to change in order for the program you have described to have a flow-on effect. For example, ensuring that all staff are educated about and on board with assisting mature aged students effectively. It would be disappointing to attend a helpful information session only to be let down when seeking assistance on a future visit.

Thanks Katherine. 🙂