Home Forums Introductions Hi everyone.

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Louise Belshaw
      Participant

The Louise Lowdown

Who you are?
      Good question. I’m 24. Studied Creative Writing in my undergraduate. Have a lifestyle-type blog. Reader of books. Music obsessed. Novice crocheter. Sports fan. Coffee and lamington obsessed. A collector who dreams about minimalism.

Where you’re up to in the course?
      First year, second semester. Full-time external student.

What kind of library or information organisation you see yourself working in when you graduate?
      Not too sure. I have a lifelong love of old things and think I might want to look into archiving after this course.

What do you think your superpower is? What are you really good at?
      I rearrange the furniture in my room at least once a week and my room is TINY, so probably being a furniture tetris champion.

What would people who know you say your superpower is? Would it be something different than what you think your superpower is? Do you think it’s a superpower you actually possess?
      I’m not too sure, making a mean pikelet maybe? Has neat handwriting? I’m not sure how super these are.

What would you like your superpower to be, if you could choose one?
      Speed reading. Or flying. Or a combo. I am a very slow reader and so speed reading would really be helpful, for recreational and academic purposes. And birds are my favourite animal, so if I could be Jemima Puddleduck that would be good too.

Kate Davis
      Keymaster

Hi Louise! Nice to ‘meet’ you. 🙂

My grandfather taught himself to read when I was kid, ironically by reading a book. I’ve often had this thought myself. I find writing literature reviews and marking torturously slow tasks because I’m such a slow reader.

I’m a big reader of lifestyle blogs. I’d love to have a look at yours if you’re willing to share the link!

Louise Belshaw
      Participant

Hi Kate 🙂

That’s pretty amazing he could teach himself like that! Yeah I follow a lot of videos on YouTube in the ‘BookTube’ community and I’m always blown away by how much and how fast some people can read, so jealous mostly!

Yeah, I’d love to share the link to my blog, I’ve popped it on my profile here (not sure whether I should or leave it for a more professional one?) but you can find it here as well 🙂

I’m really looking forward to this course, I was in 612 last semester and loved that website you created but this one is next level – love it!

Kate Davis
      Keymaster

You should definitely feel free to put your blog link on your profile. My personal philosophy around managing my online identity is that it’s not really possible to separate work and personal when I don’t really separate them IRL. I’m pretty heart on the sleeve and all my online presences are linked together. Just go with what works for you!

I can’t take the credit for the 612 site but I do love a good tinker, and I’m always trying to design the best possible online learning environment. It means I invariably break things and have to tweak them on the fly!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.