Hello!

Home Forums Introductions Hello!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Patricia Ford
      Participant

Hello everyone! I’m Patricia (or Patti for short). I’m new to the course – this is my very first semester! I’ve enrolled as an external student, however I’m hoping to attend lectures when I have the chance. I completed my undergraduate degree in Communication (Media Communication) with Griffith University in 2012, so it’s been a few years since I’ve been in ‘study mode’, although I’m very excited to start again.

After working for the Government for ~10 years, I took some time out to explore where I wanted to take my career, and decided on the information sector. After working in records management for a time, my interest moved towards working in a Library. I have been working in Client Services for the University of Queensland Library for few months now, and can say that I have never been happier in a job. I love getting up each day and going to work.

With my experience being in an academic library, its likely I will pursue a role in a similar organisation when I graduate, however am open to any and all possibilities! It will be some time before I graduate, so it will be interesting to see if my interests change.

My superpower… This is a tricky question! I might have to think about this question and update my post later… Although I can say I would like my superpower to be time travel..

Georgia Pardey
      Participant

Hi Patti! This is my first semester of MIS as well. I’m glad I’m not the only newbie.

Kate Davis
      Keymaster

Welcome to the course! Looking forward to hearing what your superpower is!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.