July 29, 2015 at 10:49 am #440Jennifer CottonParticipant
Who am I?
My name is Jenny and I live in Brisbane. I find it hard to describe myself, essentially I am interested in everything and everyone. As a result, I have a new interest/project every couple of months. Some interests which have remained constant are;
- history -family, local, national and what every country I am obsessing about
- music – the 1812 overture is one of the best pieces of music to wake up to
- science – I like to know how things work
- Something creative – whatever that may be
- Classical Literature – when the mood strikes me
- Puzzles – jigsaw, (easy) cryptic crosswords, logic puzzles are entertainment as far as I am concerned
- Movies – the weird and wonderful films on Channel 31 as well as the classics – As far as I am concerned, Casablanca is the greatest movie of all time, or is that Pan’s Labyrinth or Plan 9 from Outer Space?
- Where I am up to in the course
- I am beginning my second semester of Library Information Science – I believe it goes by another name now – not that there is anything wrong with that.
- What kind of library or information organisation you see yourself working in when you graduate\
- At the beginning of the course I was interested in working in academic libraries, nowadays, I can’t pick one. I want to work in them all and gain as much knowledge and experience as possible.
- What is my superpower? What am I really good at?
- My superpower is reinvention and adaptability. I am surprisingly good at seeing the positive in any situation, the trick is you need to look for them. Most people who know me would agree my superpowers are reinvention and adaptability. I would love the ability to travel through time and space to experience the greatest moments in history.
July 30, 2015 at 1:00 pm #504Kate DavisKeymaster
Reinvention and adaptability are great skills/aptitudes in this profession, because the work is constantly evolving. And aligns perfectly with your interest in working in all kinds of libraries.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.