July 25, 2015 at 12:31 pm #317Stacey LarnerModerator
- 1. Who you are
Stacey, mother, writer, artist, and a whole bunch of other hats. I run and climb (not enough while studying), stuff things into my brain and try not to burn out. I do all the planning for 4 humans and my life is chaotic, so while I adore organisation I’m anything but organised in real terms. But somehow I get everything done.
- 2. Where you’re up to in the course
This is my second semester, but I’m doing 3 subjects because 4 was crazy-making.
- 3. What kind of library or information organisation you see yourself working in when you graduate
I’m super flexible. I’m interested in heaps of things, from school libraries to academic research to information access and the psychology behind information behaviour. So it will be interesting to see where I end up!
- 4. What do you think your superpower is? What are you really good at?
Warping time. I have no idea how I fit everything into my life, but I do, so I must actually have time-warping abilities.
I’m also good at words.
- 5. What would people who know you say your superpower is? Would it be something different than what you think your superpower is? Do you think it’s a superpower you actually possess?
I reckon they’d agree with me, because I frequently hear “I don’t know how you do everything you do.”
- 6. What would you like your superpower to be, if you could choose one?
Constructing a bubble of silence and darkness around me for instant peace ;). Maybe like Violet from The Incredibles but soundproof and opaque.
- This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Stacey Larner.
July 25, 2015 at 5:34 pm #336Kate DavisKeymaster
You sound crazy busy Stacey!
I wish I had your time warping superpower. I’m afraid my method for jamming everything in is to work ridiculous hours! I’ll watch and learn this semester! 😉
July 26, 2015 at 8:44 pm #365Stacey LarnerModerator
I get super tired really easily so I don’t stay up late but I work in whatever bit of time I have free. I also multitask which “they” say is bad but eh, I do it. I am very good at saying no to things I really don’t have the time for. I went through the mummy-phase of volunteering for everything and burning out from helping people, so now I assess everything with a bit of a triage mentality. What’s the priority, what can wait, what can be delegated? And when I have loads of energy I do as much as I can because I know there will be a slump coming ;).
July 27, 2015 at 1:06 pm #384Paola BerettaParticipant
I would love to share some of my crafty things sometime…To me you are a wonder, managing studies and 3 kids…Amazing!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.