Reply To: Week 13 – Pop culture twitter chat champion

Home Forums Student forums Stacey Week 13 – Pop culture twitter chat champion Reply To: Week 13 – Pop culture twitter chat champion

Thanks Stacey, that’s a great summary. There was so much to talk about and as usual it was fast and furious conversation. Twubs crashed on me a couple of times so I missed chiming in on the discussion my remark provoked (gnashing of teeth!) Nevertheless, despite the handicap of my rotten typing speed I’m going to miss those discussions 🙂 I also really enjoyed the discussion about zines – I’e read some without knowing what they were but now I do! I agree with your point that it’s important for libraries to collect material like zines in order that collections properly reflect the diversity of our communities. How boring and unrepresentative if all we had was the culture of one group recorded as our history – that’s true of all kinds of age groups, genders, race, etc etc. Let’s celebrate our diversity, even if we don’t necessarily like bits of it. It’s all important as part of the mix.