Reply To: Week Twelve Activity: Children and Teens – *Program Review*

Home Forums Student forums Will Week Twelve Activity: Children and Teens – *Program Review* Reply To: Week Twelve Activity: Children and Teens – *Program Review*

Kate McKelliget
Participant

Hi Will. Thanks for the interesting post. Like you, I have a natural ability to work well with children and I think being a children’s librarian would be a really, really fulfilling career. I’m sorry I didn’t know this about you earlier. There was recently a casual position advertised at SLQ for a such a position over the summer holidays. I hope you saw it! (I applied and sadly missed out!).

I wanted to bring to light how much I appreciated your perspective on this program. When I think of such programs I will exclusively consider the benefits brought to the children, especially in terms of literacy. It was interesting to me that you discussed in detail the benefits brought to the parents of these children. This is not something I considered in much detail, except, also, in regards to literacy. For example, it has been seen that the literacy of adults can be improved by them attending the children’s reading programs and by them consequently reading to their children more at home. Thank you for bringing this perspective to light for me.