Reply To: Week 9 – Making and Makerspaces – Twitter chat reflection .

Home Forums Student forums Hanan Week 9 – Making and Makerspaces – Twitter chat reflection . Reply To: Week 9 – Making and Makerspaces – Twitter chat reflection .

Will Wood
Participant

Hi Hanan,

I really enjoyed your reflection on the twitter chat and agree with many of the conclusions you reached regarding creativity and its importance in modern life. There was one point you made that really resonated with me and that was the idea that the way schools focus on standardised methods and solutions can really limit creativity and ‘outside the box’ thinking in current educational practice. Creativity and exploration have helped develop some of the most important innovations in recent history such as modern computing. I think there should be more of a focus placed on abstract solutions and the practical application of creative method in schools which is why I was so glad to hear that coding will be introduced to younger grades in the coming years. While coding can be seen as just another rigid methodology I feel that its applications are many and varied and inspire people to think creatively in order to achieve the outcomes they want from it.