Reply To: Childrens and teens activities

Home Forums Student forums Luke Childrens and teens activities Reply To: Childrens and teens activities

Rachel Kersley
Participant

Hi Luke!

Unfortunately I don’t have many ideas on better engaging with teens (probably because I’ve never really had a period of not going to the library), though I think one option is to – somehow – make it clear that the library is a space that’s open to them without trying to push them into participating in things or reading, so that they get used to just going to the library and when they want/need something they realise that it’s an option.

Mostly, though, I wanted to chime in on the topic of video games as narratives, because I agree with you so much! Video games tell stories just as much as any other medium, and while it’s possible to argue that some of them aren’t particularly good stories, you could say the same thing about literally any other form of storytelling as well. (And that’s not even getting into the validity of those sorts of value judgements or who gets to decide what counts as ‘good’…)