Reply To: Week 11 | Trends reflection | R. Support -The trends towards supporting HDR stds

Home Forums Student forums Peldon Week 11 | Trends reflection | R. Support -The trends towards supporting HDR stds Reply To: Week 11 | Trends reflection | R. Support -The trends towards supporting HDR stds

Deborah Fuller
Participant

Hi Peldon, that was interesting post and I like the idea of the questions at the end. After  all this is a learning exercise for us. Like yourself and Ruth, I think they are difficult questions to answer:

1. I think researchers are like students: some will use every service the library offers them, other will dip in and out as needed and others will do it all on their own (or employ a research assistant.
  2. I do think liaison librarians are competent enough to provide assistance> they are the experts in information and will have at least a good working knowledge of databases and resources specific to their area. I don’t think they necessarily need to be an expert in the subject, just to know where to find information on it.
  3. I would like to  believe the programs and services were successful, but its hard to say without seeing the figures.

Thanks for making me think.