Reply To: Week 11 Journal submission – Program Review "The Photograph and Australia" @ QAG

Home Forums Student forums Luke Week 11 Journal submission – Program Review "The Photograph and Australia" @ QAG Reply To: Week 11 Journal submission – Program Review "The Photograph and Australia" @ QAG

Caitlin .
Participant

Hi Luke,

I enjoyed your post and even more your questions. I think in a Library there a huge equity issues if they begin to charge. I found a really interesting story about how Mackay regional Library put an amnesty on fines in return for donation to St Vincent De Paul of non perishable food items for Christmas.

The Australian Museum in Sydney has also stopped charging general entry fees for children and has been working on innovative and interactive permanent displays. Including play zones, playgroup and live insects.

I think some of the travelling exhibitions do attract a fee for them though hence the admission fee. Although your exhibition seemed very affordable. Do you know what the price was for a family?

Caitlin

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Caitlin ..