Reply To: Twitter Chat Champion – Digital and Information Literacy and Digital Inclusion

Home Forums Student forums Chris S Twitter Chat Champion – Digital and Information Literacy and Digital Inclusion Reply To: Twitter Chat Champion – Digital and Information Literacy and Digital Inclusion

Caitlin .
Participant

Hi Chris,

Your insights are interesting and yes you are truly lucky to have such an ease of access to digital literacy. I myself find computers test my mind, I simply don’t work that way although I am required to use them every day I find I am the one that asks that ‘silly’ question, but i am not afraid to ask. I have a work colleague with two degrees in IT who practices talking to “real people’ by assisting me when I lose the cursor! A best friend who in his logical frame of mind taught himself about computers by taking one apart until he felt comfortable adding hard drives, programs and other “stuff’ I don’t understand at will. i also have two teenagers always ready to assist with an eye role when word starts in my panicked words “pac manning’ my 4,000 word assignment on Bosnia.

The weeks readings and resources open my mind to how many people don’t, they don’t know who to ask are fearful or simply don’t have access to the internet. How isolating would it be if you did not have the words to interact. I have completed all of my university Education by distance and without digital access and assistance with navigation would have been unable to do any of it. A truly sobering thought.

Those who approach you are lucky that they can connect with your digital literacy to help facilitate their own.

Good post Caitlin